External calendars can be integrated via iCal links. We need to make a difference between booking portals – those that are not on our list of connected portals – and calendar programs such as Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar or Apple Calendar.
Smoobu calendar to integrate in external calendars
You may use, for example, your iPhone calendar to have an overview of all your appointments. You can integrate your Smoobu data there. You should bear in mind that the speed of the updates or the transmission of new events does not depend on us, but on the calendar programs. Normally these are updated at certain time intervals, sometimes daily. But it depends on each program.
You can find the iCal calendar link to integrate into an external calendar program by following this route in Smoobu: Settings – Properties – Edit. The check-in and check-out calendar link is shown below. Copy it and paste it into your calendar program. Here we list the most important calendar programs and the procedure within each of them.
Add Google Calendar
1) First copy the iCal link provided by Smoobu
2) In your Google Calendar, click on the cogwheel and then on "Settings"
3) Then click on "Add calendar" and on "From URL"
4) Paste the provided Smoobu URL and Add calendar
Integrate Smoobu calendars into portals that are not on our list
It is absolutely impossible to include all reservation pages in Smoobu. That is why we brought the "individual iCal" to life, so you can still link your availability calendars and synchronize reservations.
If a booking portal has the possibility of integration through iCal, you can use the "individual iCal" option.
1) In Smoobu, go to Settings - Booking portals - Select booking page - Individual iCal and click Add portal.
2) There you will find the Smoobu iCal link on the left side. You must copy and paste it into the 'Import' field of the portal with which you want to synchronize.
3) Then copy the Export Ical link from the booking portal and paste it into Smoobu, in the empty field on the right hand side - "Calendar link from the booking page (iCal)". Click save and you're done.
Would you like to explore other features? Click here to check our guides