When you manage a vacation rental it is also important to have your own website, for several reasons. First, because it gives credibility to your property listings and you ensure that your potential customers receive as much information as possible. Also because it allows you to receive reservations (and payments) directly, without your prospects having to leave your website to book on the booking portals.
Follow the steps below to create your website with the availability calendar and the integrated booking engine. Before you start creating the website, make sure you have created your properties in Smoobu.
First tab: Basics
1. Click on "Settings" → "Website builder"
2. First enter your Accommodation name as your website Title, which will be visible on the home page of your site. By default, your subdomain will be an alphanumeric code that the software creates automatically. You can replace it with the name of your accommodation. Please note that the extension "bookingturbo.com" cannot be changed or deleted.
If you have purchased a domain, please follow our instructions to connect your domain to Smoobu. If you have not bought it yet, do not worry, skip this step. It is not necessary to buy a domain to start creating your Smoobu website, so you can continue and then decide whether or not to buy a domain in the future.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and enable the toggle "Public website". Scroll up and please click on "View website" to see the your website progress.
4. Please enter your logo, type of property, currency. You can enter new languages or delete those that have been given by default. We will give you fields to enter your content in several language and you will be in charge of the translations. There are also very good online tools that can help you.
5. When you're done, click on Save and then on View website.
Second tab: About us
6. Now we can enter all the general information about you and your vacation rental. To do this, simply click on "About us". The information can be entered in all previously selected languages.
When you are done, click on "Save". By clicking on "View the website" you can see the updated website with all the new information.
Third tab: Properties
7. After entering general information, it is time to enter information about each rental unit. Click on "Properties" as shown below. You can select which properties to display on your web page.
Then, click on "Details and photos", to enter all the specific information for each unit. Always remember to save your changes.
Done with the website builder! Just 2 more steps to go!
9. Now enter your prices. You must enter a nightly price in order to be bookable. Please click on Prices in the menu on the left.
Example: The properties below have a base price of €80 and a minimum stay of 2 nights. Read here how to read more about prices
Congrats! Your website is now ready