Head to Smoobu Settings - Booking portals - Select portal: Tripadvisor from the dropdown menu and follow the instructions.
1. Go to calendar in Tripadvisor
2. Select Export Calendar to view your iCalendar link.
3. Copy and paste this link into Smoobu
4. Select Import a calendar in Tripadvisor / Flipkey
5. Paste the link of the calendar (e.g. https://login.smoobu.com… )
6. Give the imported calendar any name (e.g.: Smoobu) and select Save
7. Click Save in Smoobu
Check here for Detailed iCal explanations by Tripadvisor
Confirmed bookings vs. bookings requests
As you see above, Tripadvisor connects to Smoobu via iCal links. The difference with other iCal connections, is that Tripadvisor does not make a difference between booking requests and confirmed bookings on their iCal.
For this reason, booking requests will also be imported into your Smoobu calendar as if they were confirmed bookings, blocking your calendar.
- If you wish to accept the booking request, please cancel the Tripadvisor reservation from your Smoobu calendar and head to your Tripadvisor account to accept it. The confirmed reservation will then be re-imported into Smoobu
- If you wish to reject the booking request, please cancel the Tripadvisor reservation from Smoobu and head to your Tripadvisor account to reject it.
Please do let us know in case you have any questions. Should Tripadvisor change their iCal link in the future, we will make sure to adjust Smoobu accordingly.