As you may already know, VRBO / HomeAway don't always provide a connection for price and availability synchronization due to their own restrictions. Here at Smoobu, we are always working to ensure your life is made easier. We have developed our own innovative solution!
It is a combination of x2 connections:
- The connection for Availability and Bookings are managed via iCal
- NEW: You can now also connect Prices and Minimum stays for VRBO/HomeAway to Smoobu!
Please note, these connections do not include VRBO Messages or Pricing/Statistics. We recommend to add these into the Booking Details manually.
Step by step
Head to Smoobu Settings - Booking Portals - VRBO
To connect Availability and Bookings via iCal
1. Open your VRBO/HomeAway in a new site or tab
2. Click on Calendar, Availability and select the right property
3. Click on Import/Export calendar icon
3. a) Import: Add the Smoobu calendar link from the left-hand side of Smoobu below into the portal, give any name. Select "Block dates" or "Show this calendar to ..."
3. b) Export: Copy the iCal link from Homeaway/VRBO, untick the option 'Export tentative bookings' and paste it into Smoobu into the middle column.
Calendars should now be linked! Please note that these run on sync cycles (not "real time" synchronization)
See the below the colour highlighted boxes that correspond to this iCal connection:
To connect Prices and Minimum stays via API
See above the orange highlighted boxes above to complete this specific connection
1. Select the Base URL portal you wish to connect (If you log in on VRBO.com, choose VRBO etc)
2. Store your login data of the portal (email and password)
-> If credentials are correct, a 'Verify' and 'Reset' button will appear
-> Click on Verify
-> You should receive a SMS with verification code
-> Enter this verification code here and click on "Verify".
3. Assign the Smoobu units to the portal units clicking "Not connected" on the right-hand side.
4. Press "Save" at the very bottom of the page
Done! To check if successful, head to Smoobu Calendar to see if the connection is visible for VRBO/HomeAway like below:
We are always happy to receive feedback if something is not working as it should. If you need assistance on this, please reach out to the team.