There is probably nothing easier to do than creating properties in Smoobu. It does not need much more than a name.
What is a property in Smoobu?
The answer is, a bookable unit. Please read below for further explanations, examples and instructions.
The simple version
You have one or more properties and you are starting with Smoobu. For this you need to create your accommodation in Smoobu, because that’s what the whole system is based on. We specialize in vacation rentals, these are usually very particular. Therefore, we consider every room, every holiday accommodation, every apartment, houseboat etc. as a single unit. So let's get started. We are showing you some structure examples below:
Have you got houses?
Have you got a pension?
Single Room 1
Single Room 2
Step by step
- Go to Settings - Properties in Smoobu.
- Introduce your property’s name and then click on Add Property.
Finished. Simple, right?
Rent your properties as a whole or in subunits
In some cases, hosts can have more complex structures. For instance, you as a host could have an apartment which could be rented as a whole or each room separately. In our example, we will call it Villa Mary. So let's say you would like to offer both: the entire Villa and the two rooms individually. If the whole house is booked, then both rooms should be blocked - marked as unavailable. And also whenever one of the rooms is booked, the whole house should be blocked but the second room should remain vacant.
Step by step
- Enter the two room names new properties, the same way you entered the other villas.
- Go to the first room and click on “Edit”.
- Scroll down until the “Group properties” title and select the parent unit's name (Villa Mary in our example).
- Click on “Save” and repeat the process for the other subunit.