What do main and sub-units mean?
Smoobu allows you to list a combination of "house" and "rooms" at the same time. This is also known as a Parent and Child, or Main and Sub-unit formation.
For example: This allows you to create 3 listings for 2 rooms.
- One group with 4 guests can book Apartment A
- Another group with additional 4 guests can book Apartment B
- Or a group with 8 guests book the whole house which is a combination of apartment A and apartment B.
It has many advantages:
1. Higher visibility: 3 listings are more visible than 2 listings for example in the Airbnb results.
2. High paid reservations for two rooms: meaning that you only have one time the work but revenue for two reservations.
3. Less competition when people search in booking portals for bigger guest groups. There are much more rooms for 4 people than for 8.
Smoobu solves the calendar synchronization problem
If apartment A is booked. We block A and the whole house. B is still available.
If apartment B is blocked we block B and the whole house. A keeps available for other guests.
If the whole house is booked we block apartment A and B.
Where can I set up this combination
You can connect the sub-unit to a main apartment in the property settings in Smoobu.
Can I use this combination at Hotel channels?
On some hotel channels like Expedia or Booking.com it is possible for guests to book more than one room at the same time, since it is not unusual that hotel guests book 2 or more rooms.
So if you list 3 rooms (house, apartment A and apartment B) under the same Hotel ID it would be possible for a group of 12 people to book.
For this reason, it is for you to decide:
Would you like to list 2 small rooms or the big house.
You can do both (under separate Hotel IDs) but sometimes portals won't allow it because all 3 bookable units are at the same address.