Easily synchronize prices and minimum length of stay for your property with Smoobu. Enter the information once and it will be transferred to your portals.
- Price synchronization is available for the following portals: Airbnb, Booking, Expedia, Agoda and Vacation-apartments.
- Smoobu synchronizes the standard rate with the portals.
- For each portal, you can define an increment percentage (extra%).
- Price synchronization is enabled by default. But do not worry, we will only overwrite the prices when you proactively modify them.
Some general information before adjusting prices and minimum stays
1. Make sure your base price always refers to the same number of guests. We recommend it to set it for the minimum occupancy. If you currently have it for the maximum number of guests and offer a discount for less persons, don't worry. A call to Booking.com is enough to modify the base rate set up. Click here for details. Alternatively, use the percentage mark up to reflect the % difference.
2. We always work “only” with the Standard rate. All other fees must be managed in the portals (you can have them derive from your standard rate, just be sure to link them with each other in the portals).
3. Prices are changed only for the days you have chosen to make changes.
4. If you adjust the percentage mark-up, the new percentage will only apply to the price changes you make later. The price will not be immediately transmitted to every day. You can request to 'Overwrite prices' to apply the new percentage to your previously entered prices.
5. If you add a new portal, your existing Smoobu prices won't be automatically transferred. Only prices you enter in Smoobu after connecting that portal will be transferred.
6. We can send all your Smoobu prices (also the ones entered prior to a portal connection) to all of your portals at the same time. Please submit a request in case you need this service. We will make the prices transfer for you.
7. Minimum stays can be transferred to the portals only if you also send a price for that date (according to portals’ rules)
Let’s now put it into practice
Start to change prices and minimum stays. Go to the main menu and click on ‘Prices’. You can see your properties here. If you are just starting, there will be many empty white boxes next to the prices and minimum stays.
In these white boxes you will have to enter your prices for the future.
Option 1: Change Range of Dates button. Good for bulk changes (Scroll down further for the method)
Option 2: Enter your new price/min. stay in the white box. Then click on 'Synchronize now'.
This is what it looks like:
To see the prices in the portals, click on the gray arrow next to ‘Price’ or ‘Min. nights’. Now you can easily see the prices offered, as you had originally established them in the corresponding platforms. Airbnb, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Vacation-apartments.
Set your increment percentages
Either you want to consider the different commission of the portals or have your reasons to manage the prices in a different way. Ours is a very simple way of working.
For each portal, enter a different increment percentage in Smoobu.
Go to your Smoobu Prices tab > Settings > Price sync settings. Now enter your percentages.
For example, your ‘Smoobu price’ is 100 euros. If you want the price of Booking.com to be 115 euros, enter here 15%. You can also use negative amounts; for ex. Enter -15%.
Click on Save and your next price change will take into account 15% or -15% for Booking.com.
There are two ways to adjust the minimum length of stay & prices
Option 1: Change Range of Dates button.
Edition of long periods. For example, 12.02 – 30.06.21
To set prices for longer periods, click on the green ‘Change range of dates’, green button in the upper left corner. As soon as you click, the following window will appear in the view.
- Define the first and last day for this new price entry
- Select the accommodation(s)
- Enter a price and the minimum length of stay. If you leave one of the fields free, the data will be kept as it was.
- Define the days of the week this change applies to. If you want to define a weekend price, simply delete the days of the week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.). If you want to set prices for the days of the week, simply repeat the process and delete, for example, Saturday and Sunday.
- Click on ‘Synchronize now’ and Smoobu will send the prices and minimum stays to all your connected portals.
Option 2: Enter your new price/min. stay in the white box.
Individual change of dates
In case there is an event or a holiday and you want to quickly adjust the prices and the duration of the minimum stay, check the procedure below.
1. Click on the white box of the chosen day(s) and adjust the price. As soon as you click on a new cell, they’ll turn yellow.
2. When you click on ‘Synchronize changes’, Smoobu adjusts and sends them to the connected portals.
3. Would you like to check if your changes went through? Wait a bit (usually one minute maximum), reload the page and you will see the updates in the white boxes and in the grey area.