How to add PayPal Payments to Smoobu Booking Engine
We have added PayPal payments to our Smoobu booking tool as a third payment option. You can now integrate your PayPal account into your Smoobu account and accept payments via PayPal with the Smoobu booking engine. Here is how it works.
1. Sign up for PayPal
2. Go to https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications/
3. Log in with your PayPal credentials
4. Switch from "Sandbox" to "Live"
5. Click on “Create App”
6. Name this "Smoobu", and choose Merchant, then Create App
7. Copy the Client ID from PayPal, paste into Smoobu: https://login.smoobu.com/en/payment/edit/payPal
8. Click on “Show” Secret Key
9. Copy Secret Key from PayPal, paste into Smoobu: https://login.smoobu.com/en/payment/edit/payPal
10. In Smoobu: Go to Settings -> Booking Tool -> choose PayPal as payment option
If your account is still in Sandbox "Testing" mode, and needs to be switched to Live, read our guide here: Paypal troubleshooting - Sandbox to Live
Adding a PayPal.me button to your invoice for payment
If you have PayPal.me activated, you have the choice for an automatic payment button on your invoice. When the guest clicks here on the invoice:
They would then be forwarded to a pre-filled PayPal page to pay the remaining amount!
Read on if you have first connected PayPal to Smoobu
How to connect and us Paypal.me to include payment links on your invoices
Go to Smoobu Settings / External Integration / PayPal.me and follow the steps:
- First have a pre-existing PayPal account
- Register for PayPal.me
- In Smoobu here, enter your chosen PayPal.me name only
- Choose the currency
Then create your invoice, and download to preview it (if you wish)
When the guest receives the invoice, they click on the PayPal button and are redirected to pay instantly!