When you're using our booking system, either for your own external vacation rental website or for your Smoobu's website, you can connect your Stripe account to accept credit card payments.
Make sure your account is LIVE and not in Test mode. If you added Stripe to Smoobu in Test mode, you will need to disconnect it and follow the below instructions from the beginning.
1. Go to Settings / External Integrations / Stripe Connect
2. Click on Connect. You will automatically be forwarded to your Stripe account
3. Log into your Stripe account and fill the requested info
4. Click on “Authorize access to this account” on the Stripe page
5. You should receive a notification advising: "Stripe was added to your Smoobu Account as a Payment Method" This message is a confirmation of the connection.
Please note: In the Smoobu Booking System, if Stripe (credit card) is your "Default Payment", choose Stripe Connect instead.
You will automatically be taken back to Smoobu
Follow the steps above and also, make sure in the Smoobu Booking Tool, If Stripe (credit card) is your "Default Payment", to choose Stripe Connect instead.
A note for pre-existing Smoobu users from 2020 and prior:
Please ensure you are connected to Stripe Connect, and not Stripe (Credit Card). To check:
- Login to Smoobu, click on Settings / Integrations and partnerships
- In case you see Stripe (Credit Card) it means you probably use the old Stripe API
- Click on Stripe (Credit Card) and press "remove login information"
- Then go back to the Integrations and partnerships page and click on Stripe Connect
- Now click on “Connect” and add your login information! You are now connected to Stripe Connect
- Go into the Booking System, and choose Stripe Connect (credit card) as your Payment Method and also choose iDEAL. Note: any other enabled payment options you choose from this list must be enabled in Stripe too! e.g. Giropay, Bancontact, Klarna etc
- Choose Stripe Connect (credit card) as your Default Payment Method also