When managing a vacation rental it is also important to have your own website, for several reasons. First, because it gives credibility to your property listings and you ensure that your potential customers receive as much information as possible. Also because it allows you to receive reservations (and payments) directly, without your prospects having to leave your website to book on the booking portals.
Follow the steps below to create your website with an availability calendar and the integrated Booking System. Before you start creating the website, make sure you have created your properties in Smoobu.
Instructions: setting up the Website builder
First tab: Basics
1. Click on "Settings" → "Website builder"
2. First enter your Accommodation or Company name as your website Heading, which will be visible on the homepage of your site. By default, your Subdomain will be an alphanumeric code that the software creates automatically. You can change it to the name of your accommodation. Please note that the possible extensions are bookingturbo.com or smoobu.net.
If you have purchased a domain (Own URL), please follow our instructions to connect your domain to Smoobu. If you have not bought one yet, do not worry, skip this step. It is not necessary to buy a domain to start creating your Smoobu website, so you can continue and then decide whether or not to buy a domain in the future.
3. Please enter your logo, type of accommodation, currency. Select all languages you wish to have your website in and/or delete those that have been given by default. We will provide you with fields to enter your content in several languages and you will be in charge of translations. There are also very good online tools that can help you.
4. At the top of the page, right-hand side: enable the toggle Public website. Green = activated.
5. When you're done, click on Save and then on the Preview button found on the top right to see your progress.
Second tab: About us
6. You can now input all general information about you and your accommodation. To do this, simply click on About us. The information can be entered in all previously selected languages.
When you're done, click on Save and then on the Preview button found on the top right to see your progress, including all the new information. To see further languages scroll down on your newly created website and switch to the desired language.
Third tab: Accommodation
7. After entering general company or accommodation information, it is time to enter details about each rental unit. Click on Accommodation as shown below. You can select which properties to display on your web page.
Then, click on Details and photos, to enter all the specific information for each unit. Always remember to save your changes.
Note: Price per night will only be an informative range, the actual nightly price will be entered in Smoobu Calendar tab at a later stage.
Done with the website builder! Just 2 more steps to go!
Instructions: setting up the Booking tool / Booking System
Instructions: entering your prices and min. nights restrictions
9. Now enter your prices. You must enter a nightly price in order to be bookable. Please click on Calendar in the menu on the left.
Example: The properties below have a base price of €80 and a minimum stay of 2 nights.
Congrats 🎉! Your website is now ready