Please note: Swikly is currently only available in the Euro currency, however no others yet.
What is Swikly?
Swikly is a third party online payment system that allows users to secure reservations or security deposits via a credit/debit card imprint. You guest's bank card limit is not affected unless there is damage.
Connect Smoobu and Swikly
To automate your deposits management directly in Smoobu, 2 pieces of information are necessary: your Smoobu account ID and your account's API key.
Please follow the directions below:
1) Go to your Swikly account, click on "Partners" then choose Smoobu
2) In another tab, go to Smoobu and copy your Smoobu account ID and paste it in your Swikly Account
3) Go back to your Smoobu account, now to retrieve the API Key. Click on the menu on the left, go to "Settings", "External integration", "Swikly".
Once you click on "Connect", your API Key will be generated. Copy it and paste it into your Swikly account.
4) Then click on "Validate" and the accounts will be connected!
How to complete the set up
5) After linking your accounts, please enter the amount of deposit you wish to secure. For this 1st version of integration of Swikly in Smoobu, a default deposit amount must be defined directly in your Swikly account. This amount will be systematically applied to all your reservations. A new version of this integration is under development.
6) You can now start to collect deposits and thus secure your direct bookings. Read below to find out how to do so.
Once the deposit has been deposited via Smoobu, it will automatically appear in your client's booking details. In the following way:
The mention "deposit" appears with a green notch, specifying the secured amount.
In addition, each time a deposit is made, an email is sent to you by Swikly, specifying the amount that has been secured and the name of the customer who has made the deposit.
Send an automated message to secure a deposit
As you know Smoobu allows you to send automated messages. This is really handy in the case of the deposit to make sure you never forget to send your guests an email to request it.
To learn more about automatic messaging: visit our guide.
We recommend you to set up an automated communication to secure deposits, so we have created the following message template.
Subject: IMPORTANT - Please finalize your reservation at [apartment]
Hello [guestName] [firstGuestName],
Thank you for your trust and for your reservation made with our partner for property [apartment].
As specified during your reservation, you have to pay a security deposit for [apartment]
To facilitate this, we use the Swikly secure online service which allows us to take your credit/debit card imprint. So you will not be debited the amount but you authorize us to take the deposit in case of problems during your stay.
Please click on the button below to authorize us to take your bank imprint.
We remain at your disposal for any further information.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon.
You will note that in the case of Swikly, the most important remains the use of the tag [swiklylink] , without it your guests will not receive the link to authorize Swikly to get their information.
7) You can now start collecting deposits for your direct bookings!
8) What's new: Your customers can now pay the balance + the deposit by Swikly!
a) Once you have received the deposit (by bank transfer, Stripe or PayPal) go and modify the reservation on Smoobu by clicking on the Edit button
b) Validate that the deposit has been paid by clicking the Prepayment box:
c) The result on Swikly will therefore be as follows:
The deposit of 800€ which will not be debited. The remaining 1000€ (Total price of 1500€ - 500€ deposit as shown on the previous screenshot) as well as the service charge.