When first connecting portals to your Smoobu account, you may have accidentally mis-matched the listings to the accommodations in Smoobu (thus creating a crossed wire effect). This guide will show you how to identify if this has happened, and also what to do next (hint: a Smoobu Customer Service agent will need to help you reset it!).
What does "Mapping" mean and when is it done?
While following our First day Guide and connecting existing OTA listings to a Smoobu account, a host will have not only to connect the OTA account, but also to map listings to Smoobu accommodations.
This means that each of your Smoobu accommodations will have an internal name which the host will have to link to the OTA listings.
Some hosts create internal accommodation names which make sense to themselves; even if these titles don't exactly match their listings' Marketing title. While mapping Smoobu internal accommodation names to listings, the host could mistakenly mismatch them and this would lead to bookings being imported in the wrong accommodation.
Map synonyms in this context: assign, allocate, connect, link.
A host could have created an internal name such as 3 Urban Lane, which is advertised on Airbnb as: *City Center convenience, 1 bed*
For example ❌ Incorrect mapping ❌ may look like this:
Oops, the beach listing was connected to the wrong option, and vice versa!
When, if ✅ Mapping is correct ✅ it should have looked like this:
Or maybe you corrected the mapping and switched it around to the correct way, but now you see this in your calendar:
If guest's bookings are in the wrong room/property then it will need to be cleaned up and set up correctly! So what are the next steps?
How to solve it
- First thing is to make 100% sure you understand where you may have gone wrong.
- Then contact Smoobu by opening a ticket from here, with a clear message of what has happened. (Please advise what Portal it is regarding, and what is incorrect)
- We will then ensure all bookings are assigned to the right Accommodation names, and then ensure all bookings are in the correct place.
- We then will ask you to please confirm everything looks good, and if so, perform a final check.
- Finally, we will recommend you complete steps 3, 4, 5 and 6 of our First day with Smoobu Guide