We currently have 2 integrations with PayPal:
Option 1) Booking System payment option: use PayPal to collect payments from your own website bookings
Option 2) Payment link on invoice: use Paypal.me to include payment links on the invoices you create in Smoobu
Option 1) Use PayPal to collect payments from your own website bookings
We have added PayPal payments to our Smoobu booking tool as a payment option. You can now integrate your PayPal account into your Smoobu account and accept payments via PayPal with the Smoobu Booking System. Here is how it works.
1. Sign up for PayPal
2. Go to https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications/create
3. Log in with your PayPal credentials
4. Switch from "Sandbox" to "Live" *
5. Create an App by entering Smoobu in the given field
6. Click on “Create App”
7. Copy the client ID from PayPal and paste into Smoobu (Settings -> Payment Methods -> PayPal)
8. Click on “Show” Secret Key
9. Copy Secret Key from PayPal and paste into Smoobu
10. In Smoobu: Go to Settings -> Booking Tool -> Activate PayPal as payment option
Read more about Smoobu Booking System here
* Check PayPal troubleshooting - "Sandbox" to "Live" if necessary
Option 2) Use Paypal.me to include payment links on your invoices
If you have PayPal.me activated, you have the choice for an automatic payment button on your invoice. When the guest clicks here on the invoice:
They would then be forwarded to a pre-filled PayPal page to pay the remaining amount!
Read on if you have first connected PayPal to Smoobu
Go to Smoobu Settings / External Integration / PayPal.me and follow the steps:
- First have a pre-existing PayPal account
- Register for PayPal.me
- In Smoobu here, enter your chosen PayPal.me name only
- Choose the currency
Then create your invoice, and download to preview it (if you wish)
When the guest receives the invoice, they click on the PayPal button and are redirected to pay instantly!
Please sign in to leave a comment.