Make communication easy. Use this user guide to:
- Create automated messages / emails
- Send manual messages to your guests.
Use our Smoobu templates or create your own message from scratch.
How to create automated message templates?
Step 1: Head to the Communication section
Click on Settings → Communication
Step 2: Create your Smoobu email address
Create your Smoobu email address. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org. Save.
Creating one will help unifying your messaging. If you don't create an address here, the emails will be sent from your Smoobu account email address. However, answers won't be received in Smoobu.
Step 3: Create message templates
Please click on 'Create' to start writing your message templates.
There will be two options:
- Use a Smoobu pre-filled template. We offer you some ideas that you can use as a base message and then adjust it to your liking
- Create your message from scratch
Now you can start creating your message. Feel free to use the placeholders (tags) on the right-hand side. These will be automatically replaced later on with the information from a booking's details.
For example, if you include [arrivalDate] in your message, Smoobu will later on replace it with each individual booking's arrival date like 11/06/2021.
We recommend you to write an original message in your guests' most used language (main language /default) and create as many translations of this message as you need.
- Subject: message title
- Text: body of the message
- Accommodations: bookings made on which units does this message apply to
- Portals: bookings made on which portals should receive this message
- Recipient: Guest, Owner's email address (yourself) or Recipient (a third party). Add someone in Cc or Bcc.
- Add invoice: in case you wish to add an invoice, check the box.
In order for the mail to be sent the invoice must have been created in advance. In addition, the @host.smoobu.com address must be used for the invoice to be attached.
- Send automatically?: Check the box if you wish Smoobu to automatically send this message. Define when and what time. Note time doesn't work for Booking notifications (on booking date). PRO TIP: Enable the "Send email even if trigger is in the past" option so your messages are sent also for last minute bookings.
Save. After saving it you will be redirected to your templates list.
A tip for sending (specifically) Booking Confirmation messages
If you wish to send an automated message to send to the guest immediately after the reservation is made/confirmed, please consider using this specific setting:
For a Booking Confirmation, it is ideally sent ASAP - therefore "Time" is left on "Select Time". An exact hour is not chosen for this specific Booking Confirmation template.
For all other templates, we find it best to choose a time of the day!
Send messages manually
Step 1: Locate the booking
Go to Bookings or to your Cockpit Calendar and search for a reservation
Step 2: Go to booking Details section
Click on the booking's guest name - Details.
Step 3: Select a template or write a message
Head to Message History and select a template or type a new message from scratch.
Other suggested articles
- Send messages, view Message History and Reply
- GUIDE: How to create my Guest app
- How can I create a read only account for my cleaning staff, owners, collaborators?