What is CheKin? How does it work?
CheKin is the software solution for guest registration. With this technology hosts can check-in their guests, generate the official documentation and send the guest data to the authorities automatically in just a couple of minutes.
I want to create an Account. What should I do?
Login in Smoobu and click here Smoobu + CheKin integration page Then click on CONNECT (at the bottom of the page)
What is next ?
- Once you have clicked on CONNECT you will receive a CheKin email with the info and credentials to access in CheKin dashboard. (You don't have to create any account at CheKin website or on the app, the account will be automatically created if you follow these steps).
- Once you enter for the first time in the CheKin dashboard all the properties and bookings will be automatically imported from Smoobu.
- In order to connect your properties to the Authorities websites you should to go to CheKIn - PROPERTIES section, click on the blue pen next to each property and add Police/Statistics credentials in the tab POLICE LOGIN.
- There are 2 options in order to register guests: check-in on site or check-in online.
Check in on site:
Once the guests arrive to the accommodation, you can add their data to the specific booking by clicking on ADD GUEST.
Set up automatic email sending to the guests from your Smoobu account. For your guests to receive and complete the online registration you should create a template message in Smoobu from settings - communication.
Create an automatic message including the CheKin placeholder: [checkInOnlineUrl]
You can also use our message template called "Chekin.io - online check in", and set up the message for automatic or manual sending. Read here how to create a message in Smoobu.
The message will reach your guests, they will fill in the checkin information and through your connection with CheKin.io their registration will be sent to the authorities. You can check the data before sending it from your CheKin session.
How can I check if it is working?
If you would like to check if the guest's registration has been sent to the police, you should check guests registration status on CheKin BOOKINGS section.
- If it's marked as COMPLETED that means that guests have been registered successfully on authorities websites.
- If it's marked as FAILED that means that a problem came up during guests' registration so they haven't been registered. They will find in the CheKin booking the reason why the registration failed.
(For Italian hosts, the proof of guests registration is the Alloggiati Web receipt - you can find it in DOCUMENTS section)
What are the most common mistakes? How to solve them?
These are the main errors detected:
1) Hosts forget to enter their Authorities credentials/Police Login credentials or they enter them with spelling mistakes/incorrect information. To avoid this, please double check your Police credentials.
2) When having more than one property under the same Police Login, some hosts forget to click on "More than 1 property in the same account" and select the registered properties under those Police credentials. To avoid this, please go back to the POLICE LOGIN (at CheKin.io) and add all your properties connected to the same Police account.
What is the best way to contact CheKin (ES/EN/IT) directly?
The best way to contact CheKin is in English and Spanish. CheKin service hours are from 9 am to 6 pm. Hosts can expect a reply within one working day.
How much does a subscription to Chekin.com cost?
Thanks to Smoobu, you have a discounted price for your Chekin.com subscription that also includes the linkage between the two platforms.
If you have a monthly subscription with Smoobu, automatically your Chekin.com subscription will also be monthly. Similarly, if you have an annual plan with Smoobu, your Chekin.com subscription will also be annual.
The cost is: €3.50 + VAT per property per month.
The Smoobu-CheKin connection is per entire account. Connecting only some properties is not possible. Please note that you can cancel the subscription. However, a refund is not possible.
Do you want to know more about this integration? Visit our Blog
Further questions on Chekin? Visit CheKin's English help page