Here at Smoobu we are working hard to develop settings local to USA / American standards!
Hosts are already managing thousands of accommodations in the USA with Smoobu - The Vacation Rental Software and the community keeps growing.
We have now made quite a few updates to assure that we have all the right formats ready that differentiate the US market needs from the rest of the world!
What does this mean for our American customers?
- Date Formats match MM/DD/YY across Smoobu and your website calendars!
- Imperial units - ft² instead of m²
- Currency symbol $ is in the correct format e.g. $100.00
Week starting with Sunday: it's now Sunday-Saturday instead of Monday-Sunday
How can I set this in Smoobu?
Your Smoobu user Account settings
Open your Account in Smoobu and change your: Timezone, Date format, Time format AM, Number format, Week start, and Square Unit
Open Smoobu here and set your language in the website builder to English (United States)
Add English (United States) and any other languages you wish to have (e.g. Spanish)
Remove any you don't need (E.g. Deutsch, non-US version of English)
- Set it to USD here for your Smoobu Account
- Creating invoices in Smoobu? Set the template to $ (dollars) here in Invoice Settings
Time Format AM/PM
- Under Account settings, firstly make sure the 10:15 AM time format is chosen
- Make sure you have check-in/out times for each Accommodation (edit using the Pencil button)
- Make sure your message templates include placeholders [arrivalTime] and [departureTime]
Using our template Website Builder?
You can send the URL of your website ending in /en-US/ to ensure your guests see these US standards every time!
Otherwise they will see a view based on their browser language settings.
Using our Booking Tool + your own website?
The booking engine changes language automatically according to the language settings of your Guest's browser (e.g. Chrome, or Safari).
Chrome: Guests need to have en-US chosen here to see the US standards.
You may test this function by downloading a Chrome locale switcher if you wish.
Safari: Guests need to have English (US) chosen in their Language and Region settings to see the US standards.