Using the Smoobu Booking System, you are able to set the payment method for how to receive payment for website bookings, and also for additional items purchased on the Guest Guide.
The primary payment methods are:
- Stripe Connect (Credit Card and Debit card payments)
- Invoice (Bank Transfer) *
- Pay upon arrival *
- All listed here: Under the umbrella of Stripe Connect, you may also enable the following payment methods: ACH Direct Debit, Afterpay/Clearpay, Alipay, Bacs Direct Debit, Bancontact, BECS direct debit, Boleto, EPS, FPX, Giropay, GrabPay, iDEAL, Klarna, Konbini, OXXO, PayNow, Przelewy24, SEPA Direct Debit, Sofort, WeChat Pay
*These are offline payment methods. This means that you, as a host, need to collect the payment from the guest.
You can choose multiple payment methods, and set a preferred Default method also.
Invoice (Bank Transfer)
Should you choose this payment method it works like so: The guest is able to book instantly without any instant or pre-payment.
So how does the guest pay? There are a few options here, and you may choose what best suits you. Firstly, you may create and send an invoice to the guest with your banking details, as a request for a manual bank transfer.
Optionally, in the Booking System Details field, you may add your bank account details to make the payment and the instructions to make the transfer.
Or you can create an automated message with all the instructions for the payment, as well as for receiving the proof of payment made by the guest.
Credit card and debit card payments are made by connecting your Stripe account to Smoobu. Read our guide here: How do I connect Stripe to Smoobu?
Under the umbrella of Stripe Connect, you can choose multiple other payment methods including: ACH Direct Debit, Afterpay/Clearpay, Alipay, Bacs Direct Debit, Bancontact, BECS direct debit, Boleto, EPS, FPX, Giropay, GrabPay, iDEAL, Klarna, Konbini, OXXO, PayNow, Przelewy24, SEPA Direct Debit, Sofort, WeChat Pay
You can receive payments directly into your Paypal account, debit or credit cards.
Paypal customers can integrate their Smoobu account with Paypal in a few clicks, click here to learn how to configure.
Payment on arrival
With this option the guest will make the payment in cash directly with you, or can offer you the possibility to pay by debit or credit using a POS.
Smoobu integrates with SumUp for payment with POS. Click here to learn more
Payment via iDEAL
Mostly for Dutch users. It enables guests to pay via their bank accounts. Hosts must have a Stripe account to enable it. Click here for more information
How to set up your payment methods
Inside your Smoobu profile go to Settings / Booking System:
Select the payment options you want to make available.
Then go to the Details option to describe the details of payment terms, cancellation and other useful information for your guests:
Take the opportunity to insert a purchase confirmation message in the option Successfully Booked. Once you have configured a message, when the guest has made the payment a pop-up will open on the screen informing that the reservation was made successfully.
What else does the Payment Method connect to?
The payment method chosen will also be available for:
- Guest Guide upselling of Additional items / services: We have an entire guide here to learn more about increasing your revenue through cross-selling of services and products.
- Prepayments set in the Booking System (Notes: defining a prepayment (Fixed fee or %). 0% and 100% both mean full payment at the time of booking)
Note: Paypal cannot be used to purchase additional items/services in the Guest Guide.