Are you a Staff member, Owner or Cleaning Team who has been granted account access to Smoobu?
(e.g. you are the Owner and your property manager who is using Smoobu, wants you to have your own overview?) Or perhaps you are a colleague of the Smoobu account holder, or a member of the Cleaning Team and you need to see check-ins and check-outs?
If so, this guide helps you (the team member, property owner, cleaning team member) set up and use your own Smoobu account! This guide covers:
- Setting up your Staff / Owner Account
- Account and Notification Settings
- What you see in your account
- Entering a direct booking or blocked period
- Viewing / Editing reservation details
- Notes / Assistant Instructions
- Viewing / Editing Prices
- Viewing and sending Messages
Please note: This guide is for the POV of the assistant. If you are the main account holder of the Smoobu subscription/account, you may send along this guide to your property owner, cleaning team, or colleagues to help them set up and use their Staff/Assistant account!
However if you were looking for information on how to create the Permissions, the following guide will be more helpful: How can I create Assistant accounts?
Setting up your Staff / Owner Account
1) Find your email invitation
After your account admin creates you an assistant, staff or owner account, you will receive an email. Check your inbox (or Junkmail) to locate it. It looks like so:
2) Click the link to accept permissions
from a computer, NOT the mobile app or web app.
After clicking the link, you will be taken to a page to accept Permissions.
3) Click Send to do so:
You will then receive a second email with a link to set your new password. Click it to open
4) Nominate your own password
After entering and reconfirming your password press Save.
5) Login and access your Smoobu account
It will redirect you to a page to Login with your credentials.
You may now download and login to the Smoobu app for mobile phones
Account and Notification Settings
After logging in you can configure the Settings, Notification Preferences, and change the password of your account. All this can be done by clicking in top right on your name, followed by your User ID:
What you see in your account
By default, all staff, owner and assistant accounts contain two tabs: Cockpit and Bookings
Depending on which parameters your account admin has set, you can see more tabs on the left. For this example, we will talk about all the possibilities that may or may not be available to you.
This serves as your main landing page in Smoobu. Here you will see a calendar with reservations, upcoming arrivals / departures and an activity feed.
Entering a direct booking or blocked period
Click the green "Enter Booking" button at the top. It looks like so:
Click on Portal to select Direct booking or Block Period. Select the Accommodation, Arrival, Departure and Guest Info (if applicable), Price (if applicable), and Details (if applicable). When done press Save.
Viewing / Editing reservation details
To view reservation details, click on the actual reservation, followed by Details.
To edit the reservation, click the pencil at the top of the next page:
Notes / Assistant Instructions
You will see any notes or assistant instructions the account admin has left you in the reservation details. Please see above screenshot for how this looks.
Viewing / Editing Prices
Go to the Calendar tab.
If write permissions were enabled for your account, you can set prices.
To make changes for longer periods, click Change Range of Dates above the Calendar.
A pop up will appear at the right.
- Define the first and last day for this new price entry
- Select the accommodation(s)
- Enter a price and the minimum length of stay. If you leave one of the fields free, the data will be kept as it was.
- Define the days of the week this change applies to. If you wish to define a weekend price, simply delete the days of the week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.). If you want to set prices for weekdays, simply repeat the process and delete, for example, Friday and Saturday.
- Click on Synchronize now and Smoobu will transfer prices and minimum stays to all your connected portals.
To change individual dates
1. Click on the white box of the chosen day(s) and adjust the price and/or min. nights. Click elsewhere and the fields where you have entered changes will become blue.
2. A Confirmation window will pop up. To confirm your entries, click on Synchronize now.
3. Would you like to check if your changes went through? Wait a bit (usually one minute maximum), refresh the page and you will see the updates in the white boxes and if you have connected portals, in the portals' rows below.
Viewing and sending Messages
Click the Messages tab at the right.
You have an Inbox of all messages received, and Outbox for messages sent.
To send a message to a guest, click on Outbox, then on the blue hyperlink on the Booking Summary line, followed by Details on the popup:
The system will then redirect you to the Booking Details. At the right of the Booking Details is Message History. You can select a template or send a manual message to the guest:
To view statistics, click the Statistics tab at the right. Here is a guide on statistics: Statistics: How to get a detail of income or bookings
To view contacts, click the Contacts tab at the right. Here is a guide on contacts: Contacts / CRM List