This feature involves conditional messaging. Smoobu will verify whether a specific booking's payment has been completed, and only if it hasn't, it will send the guest a message.
If you work with a deposit or prepayment, you may find it helpful to your workflow to create an automatic message requests the balance collection.
Step by Step
1. Open the booking by clicking on it and selecting Details. You are taken to the booking details page.
2. In case you have received the prepayment, click to edit the booking and open the price field.
3. Check the box for prepayment and insert the amount, click save.
The prepayment is now displayed in your booking details.
4. In order to send an automated message to collect the remaining payment, go to settings / communication and click on the “Create” button.
5. You can now choose xxxx from the templates or create one from scratch.
6. Make sure to include the placeholder [rest] for the remaining payment in your message.
7. Optionally select further languages, the accommodations, and portals this template should be applied to.
8. Now most importantly, click the checkbox for “Collect Payment Remainder”.
Important: When ticking this box your message will only be sent to guests when the payment has not been completed i.e. a price element is marked as unpaid. Otherwise, this template will not show up in your scheduled messages and will not be sent.
In this case the message will be sent:
In this case the message will not be sent:
Are you using Swikly for deposit payments? You may find instructions for Swikly here.